MK Music HubMK Young Brass Hoppers - Information and how to apply
Milton Keynes Music Hub is putting together a one-off group, the MK Young Brass Hoppers to play in the Showcase section of the National Youth Brass Band Championships this year.
- This will be an inclusive ensemble intended for beginners up to grade 5 standard, up to age 18 – the event is non-competitive.
- The band can include any brass instrument, including plastic instruments.
- The event is free but there will be a small charge towards the cost of the coach to Stockport on event day at no more than £20 per band member. We will confirm the cost once we know the cost of the coach (All band members must travel to and from the event on the coach together.)
- Great opportunity to play with a group and meet new friends who also play an instrument!
We will have two rehearsals before the day, you will need to be available to attend all the dates below and make your own way to the rehearsals (coach provided for event day):
- Rehearsal 1 – Tuesday 14 March 2023 6.30pm to 8pm (at Ousedale School, The Grove, Newport Pagnell, MK16 OBJ)
- Rehearsal 2 – Tuesday 21 March 2023 6.30pm to 8pm (at Ousedale school – address above)
- Event Day – Saturday 25 March 2023 at Stockport Grammar School (Timings are still approximate but we would be leaving from outside Shenley Brook End School, Walbank Grove, Shenley Brook End, MK5 7ZT at about 12 noon and returning at about 10pm) – travel by coach @ up to £20pp (cost to be confirmed)
If you would like to join MK Young Brass Hoppers and take part, please use the link below to apply:
ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED
For more information about the event and to obtain spectator tickets, please click here.
Please note spectators will be required to purchase their own tickets and make their own way to the event, they will not be able to travel on the coach.