MK Music HubWinter Music Project
We are delighted to be able to offer our popular free Winter Music Projects to children who qualify for benefit related free school meals (who will have been given a special code by their school) and also to children with Special Educational Needs
These free activities will take place at the Moorlands Family Centre at Beanhill between 10am and 2pm and a free healthy lunch will be provided during the day.
There is no charge for taking part but you must meet the following conditions to be eligible:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- If you are receipt of any of the above you should have been given a special code to use for booking by your child’s school. If you do not have the code you will not be able to book, so please ask your school for one.
- Or your child must have special educational needs.
What’s on offer?
- Learn Keyboard – Monday 19th December 2022 (Repeat of Wednesday) suitable for children aged 7 to 11 years.
- Creative Music Making – Tuesday 20th December 2022 – suitable for children aged 7 to 11 years.
- Learn Keyboard – Wednesday 21st December 2022 (Repeat of Monday) suitable for children aged 7 to 11 years.
- Musical Activities for Children with Special Educational Needs’ – a variety of musical activities for SEN children. Thursday 22nd December – Please note a parent/carer will also need to come along and stay for the session. Suitable for children aged 7 to 16.
How to apply:
Book your place here – one form per child.
PLACES WILL BE OFFERED ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS.
The below data privacy statement has been provided by the DfE for providers to share with families to ensure that families understand why the data is being collected and who it will be shared with;
This programme is being funded through local authorities by the Department for Education (DfE). For the purpose of data protection legislation, DfE and local authorities are data controllers for the personal data processed as part of the programme when it is supplied to them.
How we will use your information
DfE receives the personal data about you / your child from the organisation funded to deliver the programme and / or your local authority. The information is used to so we can better understand who is being reached by the programme and use this evidence to support local authorities reaching disadvantaged children in need of support during the holidays. We will also use the information to evaluate the success of the programme and build a case for future funding.
More information about the aim of this programme is published on our website page at GOV.UK: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/holiday-activities-and-food-programme/holiday-activities-and-food-programme-2021