MK Music HubMK Rock School
Our aim at Rock School is to help young people take part in music and share in the great rewards it can bring
Join or enquire about Rock School
Fees and Charges
MK Rock School tutors are all experienced pro players with skills learnt from years spent touring and recording.
Andy Glass – is the current Rock School manager and has been teaching guitar at the school since 2000.
Andy has toured extensively throughout Europe and the USA with his own band Solstice and with acts such as Jethro Tull, Bill Withers and Geno Washington.
He has written, recorded and produced numerous
albums, worked as a studio session musician and musical director as well as both a live and studio sound engineer.
http://www.solsticewebsite.com (external link)
Pete Hemsley – is our drum tutor and has also been at the Rock School from 2000.
Pete has an outstanding reputation as a drummer and producer and has toured across the globe with numerous bands.
He has been signed to Virgin and Sony records and played with some of the greats including Jimmy Page and Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin!
With many albums and production credits to his name Pete has received awards for his exceptional work.
Testimonials from parents
- “My son had a fantastic experience with you… he was buzzing. It pleases me especially as he lacks self confidence and so loves playing the guitar and the format he described allows him to be braver with the past time he loves.”
- “I have been meaning for the last couple of years to formally contact you and say thank you for the hard work you and the other tutors do at Rock School every week. I have however, just come home from the end of year show and blown away does not describe how I feel right now. The quality of all the young musicians you coach was astounding, the sheer delight in their eyes was heart-warming and the understated encouragement, warmth and support you gave them was humbling…thank you for doing what you do, the show was truly amazing.”
- “On a more personal note you have nurtured Ted (and I am sure others) and helped him believe in himself; you challenge him when it is appropriate and support him when he needs it, you do all of this with a palpable passion for young talent and the music they play. Because of this he plays the guitar and now drums with a passion and confidence that goes beyond his natural comfort zone…thank you for making him feel so special.”
- “Rock School is an amazing opportunity for young people to find their passions for all music in a safe, supporting and enlivening environment. You must be very proud of yourself and the other tutors for creating this vibrant atmosphere.”
- “Ted and all of us in his family are very grateful to you all.”
About Rock School
If you are in school years 5-13 you can come to Rock School to learn, improve and gain experience as a singer, drummer, guitarist or bass player. In fact, if you sign up for one instrument you can attend another completely free!
‘Beginner’ and ‘improver’ sessions are an hour long and, although the focus is on learning your instrument, there are still opportunities to play together as a band every half term.
‘Intermediate’ and ‘advanced’ sessions are for more experienced players and are 2 hours long. During the first hour all groups learn the same song with the second hour spent playing as a band in a fully equipped space including vocal PA, guitar amps and drum kit.
If you’re interested in Rock School you’re very welcome to come along and join us for a session to see what goes on and to give us a chance to assess the best group for you.
Here’s how the sessions are organised:
- Beginners/Improvers – Mondays 5-6pm – Guitar and Drums – for beginners or those with some experience.
- Beginner/Improvers – Wednesdays 5-6pm – Drums – for beginners or those with some experience.
- Intermediate – Monday 6-8pm – Guitar, Drums, Vocals – for competent players (inexperienced singers are welcome to join this session).
- Advanced – Wednesdays 6-8pm – Guitar, Bass Guitar, Drums, Vocals – for intermediate and advanced players.
Sessions take place at Stantonbury International School in the Cooksey 3 building.
Autumn Term 2023
Mon 18 Sep 23 / Wed 20 Sep 23
Mon 25 Sep 23 / Wed 27 Sep 23
Mon 02 Oct 23 / Wed 04 Oct 23
Mon 09 Oct 23 / Wed 11 Oct 23
Mon 16 Oct 23 / Wed 18 Oct 23
Mon 6 Nov 23 / Wed 8 Nov 23
Mon 13 Nov 23 / Wed 15 Nov 23
Mon 20 Nov 23 / Wed 22 Nov 23
Mon 27 Nov 23 / Wed 29 Nov 23
Mon 4 Dec 23 / Wed 6 Dec 23
Mon 11 Dec 23 / Wed 13 Dec 23
Spring Term 2024
Mon 15 Jan 24 / Wed 17 Jan 24
Mon 22 Jan 24 / Wed 24 Jan 24
Mon 29 Jan 24 / Wed 31 Jan 24
Mon 5 Feb 24 / Wed 7 Feb 24
Mon 12 Feb 24 / Wed 14 Feb 24
Mon 4 Mar 24 / Wed 6 Mar 24
Mon 11 Mar 24 / Wed 13 Mar 24
Mon 18 Mar 24 / Wed 20 Mar 24
Mon 25 Mar 24 / Wed 27 Mar 24
Summer Term 2024
Mon 22 Apr 24/Wed 24 Apr 24
Mon 29 Apr 24 / Wed 1 May 24
Mon 13 May 24 / Wed 15 May 24
Mon 20 May 24 / Wed 22 May 24
Mon 3 Jun 24 / Wed 5 Jun 24
Mon 10 Jun 24 / Wed 12 Jun 24
Mon 17 Jun 24 / Wed 19 Jun 24
Mon 24 Jun 24 / Wed 26 Jun 24
Mon 1 Jul 24 / Wed 3 Jul 24
Mon 8 Jul 24 / Wed 10 Jul 24